Friday, March 06, 2009

My New Ideas

1. The great joys of my life right now are my bucket garden and my tiny, skunky flower bed. I walk out the door every morning and talk to each one of the plants. I also look to make sure there are no slimy slugs crawling on the leaves and that Boaz, the resident lizard, isn't hiding in there either. I'm all for living in harmony with God's creatures, but I don't want Boaz messing with my stuff.

2. I don't mean to be ugly, but I think that all old people should be subjected to yearly driving tests. I see some of the people who come into the office who can barely see/breathe/walk on their own and they're driving! I don't want to be on the road with them.

3. I wonder if high blood pressure can be claimed on a Workman's Comp form. There have been several things that have happened this week that have gotten my blood boiling.

4. Once again, I cannot believe how much some people are willing to share with you whether you want to know or not. For instance, one lady yesterday insisted on giving me the specifics of her sex life. Including her sex toys. I really, really, REALLY didn't need to know that.

5. I was teamed up with Bird Girl again last night at massage class (for the fourth time running). The good news is that she really is making good improvement - especially when you tell her exactly what you want her to do.

6. I'm not happy that the time is changing this weekend. It's finally starting to get light around 6:30 and I am loving it.

7. And speaking of time, I'm thinking about trying to become a night owl. Before I moved to Texas, I was a morning person. Now, with school and everything I can barely drag myself out of bed. It's really messing with me and what I want to get done in a day.

8. I have a sore tongue from mini-eggs. I knew this would happen and I ate them anyway.

9. There is a home health representative that brings me new, different flower every week to put in the vase she brought me last month. Most of the time I leave the flowers in there until they are dead, dead, dead. I can't bear to throw them away.

10. Today is my sister's 35th birthday. I miss my sister. The really crappy thing is that I always think I should call her but #1 I hate talking on the phone (and I think she does, too), and #2 she has two little boys to take care of. Who has time to talk on the phone when you constantly have to make sure your boys aren't killing each other.

1 comment:

The Livingstones said...

Yes!! Happy Birthday to ME!! It was awesome. Tyler was gone all day, and I was locked in the house with two little boys. They almost drove me crazy. Then, mom made dinner for us at 5:30, after which I sent tyler off to a firemen's meeting at the hall. When the children started hurling insults, I took them home, and put them to bed. After they were in bed, I crashed in my own bed. Then, Tyler came home. We made up for it all by going to RUBY RIVER for some delicious filet mignon the next night in provo - while heidi and jayson kept our darling ian, and screaming cam.