Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My New Baby

The other day I just happened to mention to Husband that I wanted a nice, new camera. To this he replied, "Well, I have a Canon Rebel sitting in the warehouse that I could probably get for pretty cheap if you wanted it."
.
WHAT? A Canon Rebel? I've wanted a Canon Rebel camera since mid-Andre Agassi awesome mullet promotional stage. PICK IT UP, Husband!
.
There's only one problem now that I have it. I haven't the slightest clue how to use any of the cool features. And who in the world decided to write a 150 page operation manual? I think we should limit all usage manuals to 10 pages or less.
.
I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and join the Beaumont Camera Club for some free instruction.


2 comments:

Porter Family said...

I'm looking forward to viewing your awesome photography collection. Lindsay might have pointers for you. After all, she is quite talented in photography (it was her major once upon a time...). Grab a case of Dr. Pepper and settle down for the weekend reading that manual. Way to go, husband!

BexxT said...

yay! new camera!

Read the manual for the basics (aka how to take a photo) and then learn other bits at a time. Do you really need to know how to do fill flash in the first 10 minutes? no! likewise, you also don't need to know how to manually adjust the lighting etc- until you are comfortable with the basics :)

Have fun with this! I LOVE my nikon and play with it every day (even when i am not working)