Friday, March 20, 2009

Just a Few Things...

1. What does it say about me that I have less inhibitions than your regular, run-of-the-mill drunk girl? I haven't decided if it's a good thing or a bad thing. And, as long as we're talking about being drunk, I really, honestly have no idea what makes alcohol so attractive to most people. It smells bad, inhibits your decision making skills, and probably doesn't taste very good. It also makes all men think they're Brad Pitt.

2. I realized last night that I am not a regular person. I don't own a single piece of "going out" clothing. Mostly what I do have is three pairs of shorts and three t-shirts that I wear pretty much all the time if I'm not wearing scrubs for work. I currently don't even own a pair of jeans that fits.

3. The Instructor made an executive decision this past week: from now on, all tests in the massage class are going to be "discussion tests". It's supposed to mean that we can "talk through" the answers. What it really means is that only the ones who care (AKA me) actually study. Then, during the test, anyone who didn't study (AKA everyone else) sits by me and copies all of my answers. I know I shouldn't care since I am learning the material, but I'm already tired of it. I've thought about just not studying at all which would hurt me more than them. Then I thought about giving them all the wrong answers, which would be funny until they realized what I'd done and hate me for the remainder of the course.

4. Husband has cone through yet again. There are two different burrito places in Salt Lake that I used to LOVE (Lone Star and Barbacoa). I've been complaining for two years that Beaumont has nothing that even holds a candle to them. Then, Husband came home Tuesday bearing delicious burritos roughly the size of a human thigh. Since that time, I've already had another one and am secretly laying a plan to get yet another one today.

5. My NCAA bracket is looking less than stellar after loses last night by Illinois, Cal, and Clemson. I took one for the team and picked BYU over Texas A&M even though I knew they didn't stand a chance - if there are 5 white Mormons and 5 black Texans on a basketball court, you really can't win if you go with the Mormons. I also didn't think I could pick Husband's team over my own and live it down. Husband's last words before he fell asleep last night were, "Baby, don't you want to tell me how good my team did? They're going to beat UConn on Saturday."

6. The best news is that The Doctor is out of town today so I won't even have to use the "Boss Button" on cbssports.com, which pulls up a fake spreadsheet and silences the game you're watching when you click it. I'm sorry, but that might be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

7. I really want to get back into running. Husband's dad is talking about running a 5K. My only problem is that I'm having a really hard time getting motivated since I'm so out of shape. And, I also don't know where to start.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I loved Barbacoa and Lone Star too.
Remember how last year the tourney brackets came down to you and me, and maybe Em I can't remember. Didn't you win it all?
I am going to check out that boss button...although for me it would be a "husband just walked in the door and wonders why the kids are running around naked" button. Or I could just turn the TV off.