Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've Done It Again

I've done it again. Last night at class I made the apparently egregious mistake of thinking for myself. You would think I'd learned my lesson after the last test we took wherein I actually had the gall to suggest that there might be additional symptoms of physical stress beside the two answers that were in our notes.

The test we were taking last night was on anatomy and physiology. There is a tiny part of your spine called the odontoid process, also known as the dens. Since, in the book, it was labeled first as the odontoid process, that's what I wrote as I was answering the questions about the vertebrae.

When I got the test back, it was marked wrong.

I took it to the teacher to inform him that the answer I had written came straight from the book.

He replied, "Well, in this class, we call it the dens. So, it's wrong."

Ummm....no, it's not wrong. Either answer should be correct.

He said, "Well, I mean, if you were in a college anatomy class, you might have to know that it's called the odontoid process, but in this class, you don't need to know that, so it's wrong."

Now, let's get one thing straight. I am not a fighter. And yes, whether or not I got the question right is representative of one measly point. But COME ON. It's written RIGHT HERE IN THE BOOK.

Then, to add insult to injury, during massage exchange, Instructor Know-It-All, while trying to instruct us on proper massage technique, slapped the bottom of my feet, pinched my back meat, and gave me an Indian burn on my arm. Good grief, does she not know that those were the things I used to do to my little sister to torture her?

What kind of Mickey Mouse operation are they running here?

2 comments:

Holli said...

Erin, you fight for that point! It's not your fault that you're smarter than that test (and instructor!)

Porter Family said...

Wow. I've never heard of an instructor of anything marking something wrong for giving the other right answer. Usually you'd get something marked wrong because you didn't include all 5 names for the right thing.