Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Six Months

The Tater made six months today.

And he's growing like a freaking weed.

Here are his stats:

Weight:  20.5 pounds
Height: 29 inches

He's two pounds heavier and 2.5 inches taller than his sister was at this age and I was constantly getting in trouble for how big she is.

We started solids while we were in Nevada...kind of a disaster.  Like, he's not interested AT ALL.

I kind of need for him to be interested, because he still eats like a newborn - every 2.5-3 hours.  I know this is not the kind of thing that a mother is supposed to admit, but I'm kind of tired of feeding him.

Tater's skills include:  eating milk, rolling over, sitting up (unsteadily...and he doesn't like it), and scooching around.  He also squeals louder than a baboon in heat and doesn't sleep through the night. 

Of course, since we only have two bedrooms, he's been sleeping 1.2 feet away from me since he was born.  Monday night, I finally put him in Carolyn's room because I'm desperate for a night's sleep.  He either slept all night long or I just didn't hear him, because he didn't get up until 7.

His sister, however, was a different story.  She's ended up in our bed both Monday night and last night (at 5am and 3am respectively) because The Tater was "boddering her".  That's going to have to stop as well (blame Husband.  He's the soft touch.  I would have made her go back to her own bed).

He has two teeth and has had since the weekend before he turned five months, which seemed extra, super early to me...he's a grumpy, slobbery teether.  He doesn't like a pacifier and won't keep anything cold in his mouth, which makes him even more cranky.

The good news is that he can be a super, super sweet kid.  I love it when he looks up at me and grins while he's eating.  He loves his daddy like no one's business.  And yes, he even thinks his sister is amazing.

No comments: