Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 35 Update

1.  It's official.  I'm totally and completely miserable.  Starting last week, all of the sudden, I started feeling GIANT.  The only position I'm completely comfortable in is on all fours with Carolyn sitting in the middle of my back.  It feels sooooooo good.

2.  None of my clothes fit.  Like none of them - not even the maternity clothes.  They're riding up or falling down or cut too low or rubbing on something that I don't want rubbed.

3.  And speaking of clothes not fitting, I tried to shove my fat feet (which I didn't really think were all that fat) into my calf-high boots today and I couldn't zip the things up.  I may or may not have had a small fit before going to church today wherein I did keep from crying.  But only just barely.

4.  I was sure I had enough stretch marks from my last pregnancy that I wouldn't have to stretch any more.  Well, I was wrong.  Turns out I just have new places to stretch.  And yes, you can get stretch marks on top of stretch marks.

5.  This kid continues to move, the biggest movements coming in the middle of the night.  And he has hiccups like 900 times a day.

6.  It's finally to the point where my hair has stopped falling out.  I'm feeling all pretty and stuff.  And trying not to remember that after the kid is born, it'll fall out in handfuls for months. 

7.  I can't control my body temperature.  Like at all.  If I could, I would live in a walk in freezer until the end of next month.

8.  The giant uterus has made it's return.  I'm apparently measuring 4-5 weeks ahead of where I am.  The good news is that since this is how it was last time, The Doctor isn't freaking out and ordering ultrasounds to check for a "giant baby".

9.  I continue to be pukey and dizzy a lot. 

10.  The c-section is scheduled.  The name is decided (we've told two other people - the maker of his baby blanket and my mother...but I doubt my mom remembers it by now anyway, so it's like we've only told one person). 

11.  I've been able to keep going to Zumba, but I have shaved one day off of my gym schedule.  It's made all the difference in the world.

12.  I am exhausted.  Mostly between 1pm-6pm every, single day.  Then I get a second wind.

13.  I've started praying almost every hour of every day that I will be able to breastfeed this time.  I want to so badly and I'm scared it'll be traumatic like it was last time.  I'm scared I won't be able to handle it.

No comments: