Thursday, October 31, 2013

It' Weren't No Ordinary Rain...It was a Frog Strangler

Ooo-wee, is it raining.

Well, it's just kinda-sorta-raining right now.

But earlier this morning, as I was pulling out to the gym, I had to drive right in the middle of the road or else I would have stalled my car.

And ever-intelligent Erin....did she turn around and just drive right back home?  Nope.

In the hour I was pretend Zumba-ing (because let's be honest, I can't do anything for real anymore), the gym parking lot flooded and when I was trying to pull out onto the main street to get home, waves were lapping at my car door and it was still coming down.

I parked, grabbed Carolyn and walked through thigh high water for about 200 yards before I could put her down in the then calf high water to walk the rest of the way home.

I thought my entire uterus was going to fall out.

She was beyond thrilled.  Just look at all this great water, mama!  Let's go home and put on our swimming suits!

By the time we got to our house, the water was just barely over the top of my shoes, but Carolyn and I were both soaked through...and that included my phone, which I thought I had carefully protected down the front of my sports bra.

I'm just praying I parked my car high enough to not get flooded...and hoping that my phone returns to working order, and trying to keep a VERY restless 3-year-old from tearing apart the entire house.

Oh, and since I'm now stuck at home, I'm being forced to engage in manual labor...like folding laundry and doing the dishes.  Ridiculous!  I mean, for real.

This is what it looks like:

No comments: