Sunday, July 21, 2013

Happy #3



I used to hate it when parents would say, "My baby is X years old.  I just can't believe it!"
 
Because I thought, "Oh, for the love, you've been there the whole time!  What about it can't you believe?"
 
But now I understand the state of disbelief.
 
Disbelief that that number of years really passed.
 
Disbelief that what was once so small is growing up.
 
Disbelief that the other day, your 3-year-old told you that "whining is no bueno".
 
Here are some of the things I really appreciate about my 3-year-old (and no, I can't believe she's 3):
 
*she makes me laugh.  Everyday. 
 
*she's smart.  And kind of a smart alack.  I have no idea where that came from.
 
*most of the time, she tries really hard to be good.
 
*watching her run is one of the great pleasures of my life.
 
*just like me, she figures if there's cake in the morning, that's what's for breakfast.
 
*she genuinely wants to be helpful.
 
*she loves to be outside.  And she'll spend hours and hours swimming.
 
*she still thinks pretty much any idea I have is a good one (and she'll even say, "Wowee, that's a really good idea!")
 
*she isn't girlie.  Because if she was, I don't know what I'd do with her.
 
*when she's sleepy, she'll profess her love for you over and over again.

No comments: