Friday, April 26, 2013

Potty Training - Attempt #751

Yesterday I took Carolyn out to pick out panties YET AGAIN.

This is the third set of undies.

She told me she wanted some smiley face ones and I had a sweet coupon at Kohl's, so I didn't think it'd to that much damage.

I took her to the little girl's section of undies (PS can anyone tell me why panties are so expensive??  I mean, for the love, it's like a 1/10 of a yard of material for six pairs and they're $15!) and she was  not impressed.

So we wheeled around to the boys side where they had JUSTICE LEAGUE undies...and ANGRY BIRD undies.

Carolyn was immediately excited about the Batman ones and drug them up to me first thing this morning demanding that she wear them.

I wasn't about ready to let her because I hate potty training.  Every attempt before this has been an utter disaster, made me want to choke her and claw my own eyes out, and left yellow pee stains on her mattress.

Plus, lets be honest, an entire day (or like an entire lifetime) of me having to put a kid on the toilet every 20 minutes plus ask her every 7 minutes if she has to go to the bathroom and if she doesn't tell me and she pees in her pants, I'm-going-to-be-very-angry, is not actually my idea of a good time.

I don't like thinking about pottying - for me or anyone else.  I just want me and them to do it and never have to talk about it.

Husband, on the other hand, had to qualms about putting the panties on, and as I was getting ready for the day, in struts Carolyn, proud as a peacock in the Batmans.

She said, "Let's take pictures of me in these undies.  And I will flex my muscles for you."

Long story short, it's almost nap time up in here, and we haven't had an accident yet.

And we've even been out at the park and to eat Mexican food.

I keep waiting because Carolyn has her father's bladder - she can hold it and hold it, but when she has to go, she has to go, and it's like a peeing race horse.

We'll see how it goes from here, but so far, I am quite pleased.

And here are the photos she insisted on:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So....how did it go? Is she miraculously potty trained now that she has Batman undies?