1. I've been keeping a food diary for a little over a week now. And I'm completely, totally depressed over it. Turns out that for my height and weight I'm supposed to be on a 1400 calorie diet. Do you know how fast you can rack up 1400 calories? Like three minutes. Even stuff that I thought was semi-healthy is calorie packed. I mean, a serving of taco soup is like 650 calories...and that's without chips. How can something made of beans, corn and tomatoes have that many calories in it?
2. I'm also in the process of adding at least two workouts per week (moving from 4 to 6) and trying to train for a 5K three days a week. Thanks to Zumba, the running has not been nearly as painful as I thought it would be. Remember last year when I was doing the C25K program and I constantly thought I was going to die and HATED working out? It's totally not like that this time. Of course, I'm not running very fast yet - 11:30-12 minute miles, but I'm working on it (a 10-11 minute mile is my goal). I'm pretty sure I've never been more thankful for anything in my life.
3. I went to Zumba on Friday and Saturday with a new teacher. She's black. And she moves like Beyonce. I move like Rosanne.
4. Carolyn's newest obsession is The Incredibles.
5. I've been assigned a new client this week. He has a reputation at the agency for being "difficult". He makes me feel a little uneasy, but at this point, when I still can't go back to seeing my favorite client, I can't pass up the money. Here's hoping I'll be able to handle him.
6. I think I might have to start shaving my face. Like a man. Because I can't keep up with those nasty black hairs that keep popping up all over the place.
7. Another reason why I'm in deep depression is because the holidays are over and now the college football season has come to a close - with a super crappy, no fun to watch game. What are we going to do now?
8. I'm trying a new crochet hat pattern. It looks like something an old lady would wear.
9. Carolyn's newest favorite toy? Used ovulation predictor sticks she digs out of the garbage. She brought them to the bank with her today, waved them in the air and said to the lady, "Look, my mom wet on these." Then she pretended to file her nails with them. Why do kids have to be so nasty?
10. For some reason, blogger won't let me upload pictures. I'm about ready to punch whomever is responsible.