Saturday, June 02, 2012

Let's Everyone Compliment Me

Today at church there was an activity for the ladies.

A sewing activity.

Like the kind of activity that I always used to skip because in all honesty, sewing makes me feel sick.

At the onset, however, I was promised that this was a project that no one, not even me, could mess up.

So, after lots of blood, sweat, and tears (and an amazing amount of outstandingly competent instruction) later,  look what I did:



The sewing's not so straight (for the love, please no one look at the inside), but I made a toddler skirt.

Like a whole, entire skirt almost all by myself.



At the point where we were supposed to sew the elastic waistband together, they were showing us how to kind of yank it out and I blurted out, "Oh, it looks just like when you cut off a calf's testicles."

Could I be more awesome?

Probably not.

I'm not even going to lie, by the end, I was so fired up about sewing that I wanted to run right home and make another one just to prove to myself that I could.  

So go ahead.

Tell me how good I did.

And how awesome it looks.

Because I could not be more tickled with myself.

2 comments:

Kami D. said...

Seriously...that really is the cutest thing ever. Love that skirt!

Emily said...

Erin, I really am quite surprised that no one has commented on your comment...yeah, you know the one. You are so funny! Nice job on the skirt!!