Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hiding

I hid from my kid today.

It was one of those days...

The ones where I, as a mother, am apparently doing nothing right.

Carolyn whined and cried pretty much all morning long.

Any time I tried to do anything, she would hang on my leg, and scream, begging to be picked up.

I spanked her twice for messing with stuff she knows she's not supposed to touch.

That set off a round of prolonged screaming, kicking, and tantrum throwing.

When I'd finally had pretty much all I could handle, I ran upstairs while she was mid-tantrum and hid behind the recliner in her room.

I'm not going to lie, I felt pretty smug that I managed to keep my location a secret from her for longer than five minutes.

2 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Ha! Ok this made me laugh out loud, my fav place to hide is my closet.....works for a few min every time!

Rondi said...

Am I too old to hide?