Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Zumba Update

Ok, so I totally went back to Zumba class.

Here's the run-down:

1.  I totally finished the entire class - but I watched the clock the entire time.
2.  Do you know how freakin' long it's been since I've done lunges and squats??
3.  Do you know how many lunge/squat positions the instructor used today?
4.  Nine-hundred-twenty-six, that's how many.
5.  My legs were instantly sore.
6.  Like so sore, I have to walk down the stairs sideways.
7.  There were honest-to-goodness Spanish speaking Latinos in that class.
8.  I should never have to do Latin dances with Latinos.
9.  It's like, not even fair how well they can move without trying.
10.  Same thing goes for the black girls.
11.  Not to be politically incorrect, but isn't there a remedial Zumba class for all of us white girls?
12.  The instructor today used a whole lot more verbal cues so I felt less lost.
13.  Her choreography was also three-hundred-forty-five times easier.
14.  At one point, she came down off her stage and got right up in my face.
15.  It was pretty scary because I'm pretty sure she was the only one in the class sweating as much as me.
16.  I don't like the full-length mirrors in those exercise rooms.
17.  Although, I caught a glimpse of myself in one of them while dancing and I looked good.
18.  Like, so good, I basically could have taught the class.
19.  I wish they'd play some Ricky Martin.
20.  I mean, they played J-Lo's song where she has to pronounce Africa wrong just to get it to rhyme.  It drives me absolutely up the wall.

*In other news, I'm totally declaring Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO as my signature song.

*I'm planning on Zumba getting me in good enough shape to do the Group Power class at the gym. Because guess what Group Power is.  Just guess.  It's Body Pump by a different name!  Good grief, but I used to get up at 5:30am twice a week to go to that class.  I literally never missed.  Because of that class, I used to have delts and triceps.  And I will again.

*When I went to pick Carolyn up at the kids place after my workout, I found her trying to break out the back door.  She almost had the lock picked.  Apparently going down the slide 74 times was enough.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Remedial Zumba. Awesomesauce.