Monday, December 12, 2011

I Kind of Want to Sew

1.  When I moved down to Texas five (YES.  FIVE.) years ago to get married, my mother offered to throw my grandma's old sewing machine on the truck to bring with me.  I told her that I didn't want it and I'd never use it because I don't sew.  But, after years of growing older and wiser, I kind of want to sew.  I don't exactly know what I want to sew yet, but I'm thinking maybe a quilt top. Or maybe a pair of polyester pants for Carolyn to wear so I can make fun of her. Regardless of what I decide to make, it has to be sewing in straight lines because anything else would make me want to throw the sewing machine against the wall.  Of course, this is all a moot point because the sewing machine is in Nevada with no current path to Texas and even if there was a path to Texas, there's no where to put it once it gets here.

2.  I made a chicken recipe with curry in it the the other day.  I'm pretty sure Husband almost vomited when he ate it.  How on earth can anyone not like curry?

3.  We skipped the church Christmas party this past weekend.  Mostly because last time we went to a church party, our kid spent the following weekend in the hospital with pneumonia.  Not doing that again, no siree, buster.

4.  If Carolyn is eating dirt (a lot of dirt) does that mean she's missing some type of mineral in her diet?  And if so, what? 

5.  Carolyn hit what I thought was the dreaded 18-month sleep change.  Last week, she was waking up around 5-5:30 every morning and then an hour to an hour-and-a-half earlier from her nap.  Good grief, but all the whining that ensued was torture.  I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but today she slept until her normal time of 7 and napped for a good four hours.  I'm already ready to declare victory.

6.  I got ready to go to the track this morning for the first time in 10 days.  I KNOW!  Ten Slacky McSlackerson days.  Just as I was ready to get up to put my shoes on, Carolyn came over and sat on my lap with a book she wanted to read.  When she got up, I discovered that her very full morning diaper had leaked all over both of my legs and I smelled like urine.  I didn't go to the track after all.

7.  And speaking of diapers, last time I bought some, I bought the cheaper version of Huggies thinking, "Really, how much of a difference can there be?"  Let me tell you, there's a lot of difference.  I swear that there has been at least one major diaper leak per day since I bought the stupid things.  The good news is that there are only about five left out of the entire box and we can go back to the non-leaky diapers. 

8.  I just finished Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  I'll tell you what, it took forever for it to get good and then once it did get good, there sure was a whole lot of sex going on in that book. I'm not saying it was the sex that made it good, I'm just saying that there wasn't anyone who wasn't getting a little action.

9.  I'm not planning to send out Christmas cards this year.  Not that this is unusual.  In fact, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I've never sent a Christmas card in my entire life.  Maybe that's why no one is sending Christmas cards to me.

10.  Husband made gumbo on Saturday and we've been eating on it for two days.  It's the best batch he's ever made.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Iron. At least that's what I remember from my roommate's college class. She said that when people want to eat dirt, it's called pica (sp?) and it's due to a lack of iron. And that's all I know. :)

Also, I sewed my first quilt not long ago (with the help of my grandma), and it's really fun! I'd say give it a go!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's iron she's missing! Pica is when kids eat everything from paper to dirt. I've been doing research on iron deficiencies because bella has been pale for about a month. I of course think it's leukemia but marshall thinks she's probably a little anemic. We'll see who the doctor is when I go get her blood taken!
And no worries...you're still on our Christmas card list so you'll be getting one from me! SCORE for you!!!