Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dear DNA Mixer,

I know that it's probably too late to put in my order, but here are some things I want for my baby:

MY:

1.  nose - my very best feature
2.  feet (except the little toe) - I have nice, arched feet.  Husband has flat feet. 
3.  rear end - for obvious reasons...
4.  sense of adventure
5. skin tone - so she can be out in the sun for more than five minutes
6. taste in football teams - especially if she ends up with Husband's hair color, because let's be honest, red hair goes better with BYU blue than Texas A&M maroon.  If she chooses a team other than BYU or Texas A&M, she will, of course, be disowned.

HUSBAND'S:

1.  eyes - because mine are small and squinty.  And they make people think I'm half Asian.
2.  eyelashes - his are so pretty.  Mine are non-existent.
3.  teeth - oh, to have a child who will never need braces.
4.  ability to sleep anywhere, through anything
5.  could-care-less attitude
6.  height - not that I hope she's 6'3" because that could be scary, but I hope she's taller than 5'2".


SOME RANDOM PERSON'S:

1.  calves - if she gets either of our calves, they'll be behemoth and then all I can say is, "Bless her heart!"
2.  sweat glands - Again, bless her heart to be the child of two such sweaty people...she doesn't really stand a chance.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so excited for you to meet your baby. I have been checking in everyday.

lauraacall said...

I've always been jealous of your calves. I just have fat legs. No matter how much exercise I do or what the toning exercises I do, I just have fat legs. I got that from my DNA, and I have always been jealous of your DNA that gave you nicely defined calves. So enjoy them for me.

Porter Family said...

I know she'll be fantastic! Can't wait to see her. ps. I've always loved your calves, bless your heart.

Really! said...

Just blog hopping and came upon yours. I just have to say I love how you write! My goodness you have a great sence of humor! You're welcome to swing by mine for a laugh!;)

Julie said...

Hi! I just found your blog when blog hopping, and think your blog is excellent :)