Sunday, May 03, 2009

Kentucky Derby

I love the Kentucky Derby. I usually pick my horses based on looks, name, and story. This year I was way off because...


The Prettiest Horse (Dunkirk), didn't win... But good gosh, I love those greys...




The horse with the best story (General Quarters) didn't win...



The horse with the best name (Chocolate Candy) didn't win...




Instead, it was this horse - Mine that Bird (who came off at 50-1). Even in the picture he looks fast. This horse cost $9,500, compared to at least two other horses in the race that were $1 million.



Check out the race here. Even if you hate horse racing and know nothing about horses (AKA me), you've got to admire how the jockey shot the gap.

2 comments:

Porter Family said...

It just goes to show you that you can be cheap AND be a winner!! (I'm really ticked off that I didn't bet a single dollar on that horse, though, I mean, really...A $1 BET WOULD HAVE EARNED ME $50 BIG ONES!!)

Erin said...

Cheap and easy...no wait, cheap and fast...sounds like someone I know.