Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top Ten Reasons Why I Laughed Today

1. There is a criminal doing smash and grab robberies around town. His choice of target? All the donut places in Beaumont. What are they calling him on the local news? The Donut Bandit.

2. There was a bum by the freeway holding a sign stating how badly he needed money. He was also talking on a cell phone that is newer than the one I have. Ummm...

3. They just interviewed a lady on the news about the recent, extremely rare snowfall. Her statement was, "It was really fun. Everyone was out making snowmans." I'm glad they only get the quality people who know how to speak good English.

4. We were just watching the UFC on a commercial break from the football game. One fighter's sponsor is condomdepot.com. And it was written right there on his shorts.

5. Outstanding Mullet Man came to the office today. I'm still trying to think of a way to get a picture of him without letting him know that I'm taking a picture of his mullet. I plan to post it on mulletsgalore.com. I believe it will be a 9.5 on the mullitude scale.

6. Husband sent me a text message that said we could have "whatever your heart desires" for dinner.

7. I had a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting when I got home from work. In this case, it was a laugh of glee.

8. I thought about how my sister, Carolyn, would have laughed if she had been able to look at all the people she graduated with on Facebook. I am currently looking for all the people I graduated with (most specifically, Neal Jones) so I can make fun of them...I am having zero luck.

9. I thought about Buddy the Elf. There's nothing not funny about Buddy the Elf.

10. The governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich, just went ahead and filled the sentate seat vacated by Barack Obama. I guess he thought he might as well make good use of his time while he's out on bail.

11. Just as a bonus, I saw the infomercial for the Slap Chop. I think I'm going to have to have one. Not only will it cut up your vegetables, he promises that if you have one, you will get an exciting life. Talk about an awesome could-not-be-more-true selling point!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I watched that video on youtube. It made me laugh too! Thanks :)

JRome said...

Thanks for providing an outlet so I can laugh today!